Friday, April 24, 2015

Quiet on the porch...

                                       Pic#24-Old barn off a highway near Texarkana, Texas

My summer photo project is to take pics of as many old barns as I can track down with cousin JR.
She is the best at finding photo treasures. So many barns are in ruins in the Upper Penninsula. When they are gone they are not replaced. I will miss the barns. I have always been attracted to old farm buildings...

A quote I came across: To be a photographer, one must photograph. No amount of book learning, no checklist of seminars attended, can substitute for the simple act of making pictures. Experience is the best teacher of all. And for that, there is no guarantee that one will become an artist. Only the journey matters. --Harry Callahan

I am reading and listening to The Book of Life by Deb Harkness. Very good witchy and vampy end to a trilogy.





No comments:

Post a Comment