Thursday, April 29, 2021

70th birthday on the old front porch...

 My 70th birthday. I woke up to coffee and apple strudel. Flowers and a hammock. My last hammock rotted away from sunstroke. I put things away for a while then I don’t. I love a hammock. So good gift. We took a drive to Marquette.            TJ Maxx. Huron Mountain Bakery . Lunch and a blueberry 🫐 beer at the Vierling. Delicious. Then home to another trifle by Cammy and girls. A vanilla raspberry cake. Aging is sweet on the porch. I had a wonderful day. Connected with all of my family by FaceTime, phone or text. And right here at home. 

My last question of the last month of my sixth decade. What makes you strong? This is a hard question. I think I am strong because I grew up with out many material things. I learned from a mother with strong character how to take care of myself and the people around me. I learned to find joy in a small, ordinary life. I see it in my siblings as well.  That strength of character we all have. We still enjoy each other’s company. We have fun playing games together. Being together after all these years(we are all over sixty) is so much fun. Does that answer this last question? I think it does. 






2 comments:

  1. We are always the same age inside.—Gertrude Stein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! When I see the dynamics of families torn apart by anger or by other circumstances, I am always grateful that somehow, regardless of all of the trials our family has gone through, we have managed to keep a bond with one another.

    ReplyDelete