Saturday, May 29, 2021

The times, they are a changin’...

 It is shocking how a day can change everything. An ordinary life lived with quiet joy. Children and grandchildren give us our happiness, our adventure. Peace and love. Then a bit of nausea. An ache too excruciating to be nothing. A trip to the emergency room. A CT scan revealing a dire diagnosis, the most dire. An ambulance trip to a larger hospital for more tests. More fear, more tears. More pain for my dear husband. We are still waiting for confirmation of the small hospital’s horrific diagnosis. I don’t think we will survive this. Either of us. He is my rock. I am going to have to take on that role. Somehow. I am a strong person. I will do this for him. 

I thought we would be together forever. We have had 50 years of good health. A good life. Just lucky, I guess. 



1 comment:

  1. Your journey in this life is not yet done. Whatever comes your way, you are both luck to have each other. Love for 50 years, what a blessing! You are truly soulmates!

    ReplyDelete