Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Ten hours of driving and I’ll be back on the porch...



            Tomorrow Kendall runs the mile and the 2 mile-Area
                              Atigone 
                              Spectator
                          And they’re off!
 

What is something that you would really hate to lose? 

First, please note, something not someone is the question. 

I am not attached to very many things. But there are a few things I care a lot about. My photo albums of my girls and their kids as babies. These photos are precious to me. My hubby gave me a set of Pearl earrings and a matching  necklace that are exquisite. A doily my Mother embroidered when she was a child. My Mother’s wedding silver. 

These questions make me think. Some are hard to answer. Some I simply can’t answer. 

I finished Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi. Soul searching. Depression and addiction. Gyasi’s writing is so good I didn’t feel all the pain. 

Starting The Prophets by Robert Jones Jr. 

Trying to finish The FlameThrower by Kushner but I can’t get into it...

In Champaign Illinois tonight. Back on my porch late tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. For me it is very much the same. Also my doll collection! LOL!

    ReplyDelete