Thursday, April 22, 2021

Soul searching on my porch...

 What is the most courageous thing you have ever done? 

It took all my courage to get in the whale watching boat in Vancouver BC. I had to wear a floating wet suit. We went very far out into the ocean. Small rubber boat, deep water. A giant killer whale came very close to us. It was exhilarating. We floated back into the dock in a spectacular sunset. It took the most courage for me to just get in the boat. I almost couldn’t get off the dock. It was the space between the boat and the dock that paralyzed me. The captain told me not to jump. He said sit down and swing your legs over. He was so calm. He said he’d never lost a person from his boat. I did it. By the way, two weeks after our trip two whale watching expedition boats lost several people when the boats capsized! 


I still can’t believe I got in the boat!


1 comment: