Thursday, April 1, 2021

April Fool’s Day on the porch...

 



First birthday dinner of the celebration at Squid Lips. Yes, that is the name of a restaurant. Made the Daily Press with Aunt Joanie at a high school basketball game. 

I set my Easter table with my wedding china and my Mother’s wedding silverware. Shopped at Saykyllys hand made candy store for chocolate rabbits, fish, moose and cats for the kids. Double dipped malted milk balls for the adults. A traditional Easter dinner on Sunday with my oldest daughter and family. 
Today is barely (1am) the first day of the last month of my 60th decade. April 29th will be the first day of my 70th decade. I just read in AARP magazine that one’s 70th birthday is a shot to the throat. I wonder what that means? 

Question from the last page of Vanity Fair, I read it for the articles. Also there is a pair of slippers in the magazine for $6,400.  Ok, back to the question “What is your current state of mind?” Anxious. I am thinking about my mortality. 70 for god’s sake. I enjoy my life. I love so many people. My ten Grands. How could I ever leave them. My daughters, my hubby. My friends have mostly died by 70. I would like to live forever. The song by Jason Isbell-If We Were Vampires is my battle hymn. Listen to the lyrics carefully. Sums up the story of my life.

I am going to start a health and wellness program tomorrow. April Fool!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! Well, my dear sister, we can't live forever, but we can live our lives to the fullest possible until it is over! I have so much left that I want to accomplish and I want to see my kids be adults and on their own!

    ReplyDelete