Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The woman who sits on the porch.…

 











This is me at 70. Seventeen more days til 71. How did I get here? This year has tested my fortitude. I have much more than I thought I had. It is wearing a little thin, though. Who knew all it took was fortitude. I might wear the gold sweater a little more than I should. I like answering random questioneres I come across in magazines or on the  World Wide Web. You know what they say about the unexamined life. Makes me think about things I might never have given a thought to. 

Book Questions 

1. What is the first book you remember reading? Robin Hood. I read it at least five times. It was part of a classic set we had at home. I also remember reading Black Beauty from that set.

2. What are you reading right now?  I am reading Project  Hail Mary  by Andy Weir. It is so much fun to read. As good as The Martian!

3. What was the last book you read? Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner. A memoir. Very good. She is the lead singer for Japanese Breakfast. Her mother was Korean so she learned to make her mother’s food to keep her close after her death.

4. What will you read next? My TBR is long but there are a few books I really am looking forward to reading. The Many Daughters of Afong Moy by Jamie Ford. Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John Mandel. Simon the Fiddler by Paulette Jiles. The Count of Monte Christo. These are all by authors I have read and loved in the past.

5. How do you choose what books you want to read? Very carefully. I check out the Woman’s Prize longlist as well as the Booker and Pulitzer lists. Book Blog buzz. Never best seller lists. Read with Jenna. But Hello Sunshine is hit or miss. I like well written books. But every once in a while I have to throw in vampire horror…

I wish you would answer some of the same questions I do. It would be so interesting to know more about you. Like “What are you reading right now?”

No comments:

Post a Comment