Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Spring has not sprung on this old porch…

 



Three days til 71. Last night I attended Haven’s  award ceremony for Fine Arts. She was one of only two freshmen to receive a Fine Arts Letter. Orchestra, Musical, Marching Band, Pep Band, Choral and Solo and Ensemble.  

 My 70th year has been a tough one. We have lived a charmed life. This year all the charm has wafted away. Where it has gone, I don’t know. My husband’s MRI results showed that his pancreatic carcinoma is in his brain as well as a new liver mass. Radiation therapy. He wants us to enjoy each day he has left. He likes life simple. We can do this. We have only told a few close family and friends about his illness. He has not been well enough to travel or receive visitors. It was Stage 4 already when it was diagnosed during preop for shoulder surgery. May 28, 2021, a day that will live on in pain and fear. I keep a private cancer journal but I finally must share our journey through this relentless disease. 

1 comment:

  1. I am sad that this blog has not received even one comment. I have poured my heart out. It is private but I have sent links to my family. I really thought my girls should read this. Maybe it could have softened the blow of what we are losing. But maybe they just can’t.

    ReplyDelete