Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Rain from the cold front porch…




 Sixteen candles. No sixteen days until this girl turns 71. I remember being this girl. I remember the clothes. The skirt in the bottom photo was a peach color. The dress in the top photo was dusty blue. The stripes in the middle pic were shades of blue. How did our Mother dress eight kids? How did she fix all of our hair and keep us clean? These pictures make me think of Penney candy. A licorice strip rolled with a colored candy ball in the center. Candy cigarettes. Necco. Circus peanuts. I still have a sweet tooth. 

What happy memory from childhood will you cherish forever? I remember Christmas Eve in my bed trying to stay awake to see Santa. My Mother made the holidays so magical for me. We would play by wrapping old toys and pretending to open them over and over. One Christmas morning we awoke to a Gym Dandy swing set put up in the house over the stairway! I cherish those childhood holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment