Monday, April 4, 2022

Chasing the dog off the porch…



So I have a shelter puppy. She spent four weeks in a correctional facility for early training. She was so sweet and sleepy for the first few weeks. She is now so rambunctious I do not know what to do. I am not fast or firm with my commands. I do love her. She loves me back. But I cannot seem to house train her or get her to come or to stop her from jumping or…

Of course I will be 71 in 25 days. What can I say? 

Random questions off the web: What are five words you would use to describe yourself?

Loving, kind, bibliophile, curious, baker

What was your favorite thing about where you grew up? 

I grew up on a farm with seven siblings. We had horses and dogs and cats. A hay mow to play in. A river. An old army jeep. We played together so much. We worked hard in our garden and doing chores but it was fun to do it together. A memory of sitting on the porch with my Mom shelling peas while she sang cowboy songs to us. Home on the Range is in my head…I guess my favorite thing was being family on a farm.

One more: What is the best gift you have ever received? A goose neck reading lamp. I mentioned to my husband that I could not read in bed at night because the big light disturbed him. I wish I had one of those small, high intensity reading lights so I could read as late as I liked. Months later I received the perfect lamp for my birthday. He remembered my mentioning something I wanted and gifted it to me. I was so touched that he listened and got me a gift I really cared about. I love that about him. He chooses gifts carefully.



 

1 comment: