Thursday, April 14, 2022

Blustery day on the porch…




 Day 14 of April 2022. 15 days until 71. My home in Escanaba covered in snow. It usually is. I am going to make a point of taking a summer picture this year. The cottage or camp in Isabella. Ivan’s childhood home. The lawn is always beautiful out there. Our family has enjoyed life in these two places.

Truth or Dare Questions

1. Have you ever hit something or someone with your car? Accidentally of course? Yes. I was giving my daughter a ride to the airport. I thought she had put her suitcase in the trunk. No. I ran over her suitcase. I got out and put it in the trunk. Once I gently hit Michelle with the car. She was fine but it scared me so bad!

2.What app do you waste the most time on? I am embarrassed to say Temple Run 2. I have played every day for 5years. I have accomplished everything. I have 35,502,319 points. 39,970 gems. 

3. What is the most childish thing you stil do? A few things. I collect the Barbies I had as a child. I am coloring an Outlander coloring book. I love jigsaw. 

4. What is something that overwhelms you? Cleaning my house. I have never gotten the whole thing done at one time. It is impossible. 

5. Are you scared of getting old? Not the actual getting old part. I am afraid of getting to the end of my life. 

6. What is the last song that made you cry? If We Were Vampires by Jason Isbell. I cry every time I hear it. Listen to it. It is on You Tube. It is the story of my life.

7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in a movie theatre? I got up and danced to the end credits of Mama Mia and yes, Crazy Rich Asians. 

Now you know a little more about me. 


1 comment:

  1. Here is my go at these questions! Thanks sister! 1. Have you ever hit something or someone with your car? Accidentally of course? Yes. In 1975 on the way to Marci and Pete's cottage near Gladwin after dad's funeral, I was hit by a deer! My car window open and the head came into the window and it's nose hit me lightly in the cheek! I hit a deer again when Alyssa was 3 or 4 on the way home from work. It was dark and I had just turned around to grab Alyssa as she was trying to get herself out of the seat. As I turned back to face the front, out into the road came this large doe. She bounced off the front of the vehicle, hit and cracked the windshield and over the roof of the van. She landed on the pavement. After making sure Alyssa was ok, I started to get out of the vehicle. The deer jumped up and ran into the woods! I was so shaken. The car was damaged, we had to call the police, but it was driveable. When I sat back in the car. Alyssa exclaimed, "Let's do that again!"

    2.What app do you waste the most time on? Facebook
    3. What is the most childish thing you still do? I collect dolls and play with them. but wait, is that really childish???

    4. What is something that overwhelms you? Yardwork!

    5. Are you scared of getting old? Not the actual getting old part. I am afraid of getting to the end of my life. (I agree with you on this!)

    6. What is the last song that made you cry? "How Do I Say Goodbye" by Dean Lewis

    7. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in a movie theatre? It's gotta be falling flat on my face coming back from the bathroom. They had to stop the movie and take me out on a gurney and to the hospital by ambulance. I had a brain bleed! So embarassing.

    That is it!

    ReplyDelete