Sunday, April 3, 2022

Another day another birthday on the porch…

 In 26 days I will be 71. I simply cannot get my head around how my life is buzzing by.





This year has been a most difficult one to survive. My hubby has been fighting a pancreatic carcinoma. Chemo and immunotherapy. Recently he has had to begin insulin shots and testing for out of control glucose numbers. He spent a day in hospital to stabilize his glucose. He is so tired. His spirits are good. I can tell he falters now and then but is committed to living each day to the fullest. Limited fullest, of course. 

I usually write each day leading up to these birthdays I endure as I age. I appreciate aging. But it is not as much fun as I was led to believe. As I read over the years of this blog I can’t help but tear up. I have lost many of my friends. Lived through two years of a pandemic. Become a caregiver in isolation. Watched my grands grow into adults. Read amazing books. Book challenges. So here goes~my last month as a 70 year old! 

Today, April 3rd. I am reading Andy Weir’s Project Hail Mary. Audible. It is so good. The nerd in me is so happy. I love the science. I am also reading Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo. I have not been able to get into it yet. I’m not sure where it is going yet. It might be too young for me. But I need it for my Pop Sugar Challege #5 A sapphic book. I am also reading some fanfic. I am losing interest in it though. I am done with Sherlock and Check Please. 

Prime was mine free for one month. I watched The Tender Bar directed by George Clooney. 5 popcorn boxes. The Ricardos with Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem also 5 popcorn boxes. Then last night an English movie, Thd Electrical Life of Louis Wain with Benedict Cumberbatch. Cats! And a tragic life. Three popcorn boxes. 

And a dog…



No comments:

Post a Comment