Saturday, April 9, 2022

20 days til 71st B-Day…

 




First prom of the season. The Texas grands in Waskom. These are the handsome pictures of prom attendees. No details until tomorrow. I hope they have so much fun. More pics from the kids tomorrw. These are the days, my friend.

Visited Ivan’s older sister today. He does not go out much so it has been a while. She is about 94. She looks good because they do but life is tough after 90. Losing her beloved Jack has hurt her so much. She needed him to get on and through advanced age. He took good care of her. She is very fragile. I brought toffee bars. Ivan’s sister Joanie, new hip, cut her hair today. 

I am listening to Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. I am enjoying this book. Last Night at the Telegraph Club is so hard to get into. Ready to start anew.

One question. I am late writing today. If I’m not careful it will be tomorrow.  
What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Uncle Bill said his advice to young people would be: Don’t covet your neighbors wealth. Not what they have that you don’t. It will steal your joy. Be happy with what you have.  I make an effort not to envy. So good advice. 🔹


No comments:

Post a Comment