Monday, April 25, 2022

Monday morning coming down…

 

                                           Cousins
                                    First cousin. 
                                   Sunny Sunday

Four days until seventy-one. Or four days left of seventy. Our nephew, my brother Mike’s son and his dear family visited yesterday from Green Bay. Cammy and girls spent the day with us. It was so much fun They are so young and energetic! The kids are the center of their family. They are so loved. Sunny day but chilly. I made my almost famous spahgetti sauce, pasta and garlic bread. And a Texas sheet cake. They enjoyed everything. It was fun to be so appreciated.  

Today Ivan has an MRI.We do not know what to expect. Hoping for good news. 

How did you meet your spouse?  I was working in Bay City, Michigan at Ritchie’s Drive Inn as a car hop. I stayed with my sister Marci for the summer between my Junior and Senior year of high school. I became friends with some girls from the Upper Peninsula. Garden. MI. Shirley, Suzanne, Linda. I was invited to Shirley’s August wedding in Garden. I stayed with Suzanne, We went for a ride and picked up Ivan and Pat. Fun. The wedding was the next night. Ivan was very flirty. He knocked out my contact then found it on the ground. Later in the evening he announced that, “This is the girl I’m going to marry!” He called me and we started dating long distance. Gladwin (me) Kalamazoo (Ivan). By Christmas we were engaged. Married the following June. It will be 53 year on June14. Three daughters and ten grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment