Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Seventy three is breathing down my neck…

 April 24,2024

Five days til seventy three. Oh, my. Packing to head back to Michigan. A lunch, a musical and Junior Prom still on my list of things to do. Bella survived boarding at a kennel. They said she was a real sweetheart. The people were lovely. Huge talking bird. I will miss being here in this gorgeous weather with my girls. Floating in the pool. Coffee outside. I love my teens. 

3b. What is the last time  you put something off that you really would like to do yourself? 

Always. I do so much for other people I put off anything I want to do for me. Sometimes I think I use this as an excuse not to chance failure. Remember, I just spent two years as my husband’s sole caregiver. There are no resources to give a caregiver support. American Cancer society, Pan Can, Hospice, etc have pamphlets, online info but no actual help with care. My goal once I get home is to do something I want to do just for me. Take a class. Paint a canvas. Listen to me. 

My daughters and families have shown me loving hospitality. I have been with them for 5 months. I am so grateful. I have turned a corner in this grieving process. I feel ready to move forward. 

                                Pictures of my winter!  






















No comments:

Post a Comment