Friday, April 5, 2024

Bella on leash…

 April5, 2024

Started an ARC by @AnnNapolitano @WithinArm’sReach

@netgalley

I am 55 pages in. I love Napolitano’s writing. I feel like I am sitting on my porch in a battered wicker chair listening to each character tell their story. Life is tough all over. Aging is bitter sweet. 

Question of the day. #4 What is truly important to you regarding the limited time you have on this planet? Are you living, prioritizing this core value?  It is troubling to me that at 72, almost 73, I feel like a work in progress. I was a care giver to my very ill husband for two years. I did not prioritize my self in any way. Time slipped by. Now I feel pressure to make my time on earth count. My family has always been my number one priority. They have their own lives with little dependence on me. So I do feel the need to make some choices that are just for me. Truly important. Travel alone to Europe. Visit friends I have not seen in years. Be alone. Paint. Drive away from my safe place. The core value I want to live is  courage to be alone. Independent. True to myself. 



                           Me and Bella in the sun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment