Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Reading by the pool…

 Off porch. I finished Ann Napolitano’s debut novel a reissue (ARC) from twenty years ago for #netgalley. I have enjoyed  Hello Beautiful by this author. #WithinArmsReach does not dissapoint. My review on Net Galley:

 Reading Within Arms Reach felt like sitting on a porch with a neighbor who is telling me the story of their family. Napolitano’s writing is personal. The guilt, loyalty, betrayal and misunderstanding of life as a family is all here. These people keep so much inside. Catharine,  their grandmother is beginning to see the things she could have done to be more open to her children when nearing the end of her life. Lila and Gracie, Louis and Kelly and the others in this Irish family have to come together to save eachother. 

Thanks to Net Galley for the opportunity to read this excellent book.

#WithinArmsReach #AnnNapolitano #netgalley

Another day in the books. I made my Delta reservations to fly to Texas for Kendall’s graduation. All by myself. ✈️ I spent a little more $ to fly from Escanaba to be able to do all driving etc myself. Big step. Lots of reading today by Michelle’s pool. With dogs. Perfectly poached eggs benedict for supper. Courtesy of a top chef. 



No comments:

Post a Comment