Tuesday, December 31, 2019

More “Ask a Bookworm...


16. What is the most over-hyped book you read this year?
       Daisy Jones and the Six. It won a Goodreads Choice Award. Bestseller. I was so disappointed
       in the flat writing. It was a tell not an experience. Ugh!
17. Did any books surprise you with how good they were?
       An American Marriage was excellent. Persuasion by Jane Austen surprised me. I was not
        expecting how good this book was. Her best, I think. Flowers For Algernon was better than I
         remember.
18. How many books did you buy?
       I am buying more than I usually do because of the challenges. For example, Mullumbimby an
       Australian book.
19. Did you use your library?
      Yes. The physical library as well as Overdrive which is access to my library online.
20. What was your most anticipated release? Did it meet your expectations?
       #TheWaterDancer by #Ta-NehisiCoates  Of Course! Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
        Yes. So good.
21. What is the longest book you read?
      American Gods by Neil Gaiman-635 pages
22. What is the fastest time it took you to read a book?
       The LitPRG book I read, Awaken, I think I read in a day. Could not put it down. And I did not
        want to read it!
23. Did you DNF anything? Why?
      I wanted to DNF Cat Woman. But I had to read a super power book. Not my style. I don’t like
       humor books so I could have DNF’d Furiously Happy but I stuck it out.
24. What reading goals do you have for next year?
       Choose carefully. A few books this year I did not like but read them to satisfy a challenge
        prompt.
25. What was your most enjoyable book experience in 2019?
        Easy. Reading along side my teen grandkids. Flowers for Algernon, Monster, Fahrenheit 451
        I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. These kids are so smart and well read. They can discuss!
       
       

No comments:

Post a Comment