Monday, December 16, 2019

December on the porch...

Finishing up #ReadHarder2019 and #PopSugar2019 Book Challenges. Of course I will be reading until midnight on December 31st. It’s how I roll. I read so many great books this year, guided by these challenges. I read a few I did not like. Daisy Jones and the Six, Cat Woman and Furiously Happy. Telling not feeling, super powers and humor. I just don’t get it. So, not the books, me.
I’m listing a few of my five star reads because I want someone to read these amazing books. In no particular order a few of the best books I’ve read in 2019.
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. Mullumbimby by Melissa Lucashenko, I only read this because it satisfied a challenge, it was exceptional. TheWaterDancer# by Ta-Nehisi Coates netgalley#
Thank you. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Blossoms in Autumn by Zidrou. A French graphic novel. Becoming by Michelle Obama.
The book I most enjoyed reading, because of the enjoyment Ivy got out of reading it with me is, drum roll please, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.
My Goodreads page lists everything I’ve read this year as well as my review and rating for each book. So far 80 books but I have to finish three more. Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley, Annie Leibovitz at Work and Times Convert  by Deborah Harkness.
                                       Merry Christmas. I need to bake a little more. Shop for two more gifts.
                                       I’ve crossed “clean the house” off my list so I have time to finish my books.
                                       I have a concert to enjoy. Grandchildren to visit. Snow to shovel. A family
                                       dinner to host and one to attend. I mailed a hundred cards. No downstate
                                        party this year. We had Christmas in July instead at our camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment