Sunday, March 21, 2010

I was prompted to write...

The prompt was age. I am 58 years old, I'll be 59 next month. I feel 35 tops 40 years old. It is only when I see a new photo of myself or catch a glimpse of myself in a window or mirror that I realize I have aged. I feel so good physically but it is more than that...I feel good emotionally. My children are grown and have made good lives for themselves. I have the time to put myself first, to do the things I love to do, photography, reading, sewing and sitting on my porch. My grandchildren have given me the chance to experience birth, babies nd children all over again. I loved raising my girls but I was so busy making a life and worrying about properly developing character in my girls that I felt like my life went by in a blink. This time I savor every moment spent with my sweet babies. It feels so good to just enjoy each moment. Aging hs been good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment