Friday, April 21, 2023

Eight days til 72…

 Today was a difficult day. Ivan is very sick. Trying to get a clinical trial just to get as much more time as possible. He wants to be here with us. Last Friday his brother’s  daughter was killed in a side by side accident. She was more like a daughter than a niece. She has helped us keep our camp up. Been there for things we did not even know we needed. Always with warmth and love. Losing her has hurt him so terribly. What will we do without her, he said. So many tears.

Back to my last few days of 71. I’m reading and listening toBlack Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson. This is a good read. I finished a big jigsaw, Mr Wiggins Whirligigs. Seaside old town. Ivan made me foam board it to hang up. Beautiful. Only one piece eaten by Bella. Four pieces last puzzle. Tastes like popcorn  

I still wonder we how my life has passed so quickly. Where has the time gone? Lots of things I did not make time to do. Daily life got in the way. I’m sad  our last years together have been spent in this awful illness. We both try to have a semblance of a normal life but we don’t do so many of the things we love to do. Cancer takes over. Chemo. Two weeks out of town for full brain radiation. ER visits. Hospital stays. Now I am feeling blue. And almost 72. Can you find the missing piece?






No comments:

Post a Comment