Thursday, April 20, 2023

Aging on my old front porch…

 In nine days I will be 72. I like to blog every day of my last month of each age. Say 71. Everything has been harder this       year. So I need to look at a list  of questions. I found something. The Allure Survey on aging.

1. Who are your role models for aging?  Violet Sargent. She actually aged. 103 years old. Active nearly to the end. Walking, berry picking, beach combing. I admired her zest for life. Miriam Smith. 85. She walks every morning. Bakes bread. Gardens. She also has a zest for life.

2. What words do you associate with gray hair? If is that pure white hair. Sophistication is my word. 

3. Pick an age to be. I pick 35. when is a woman most beautiful? 30 and those  young years.

4. How do you feel about the physical signs of aging? I have been lucky I guess. My red hair is not graying. I am active and have stayed in good shape. I have not minded aging. BUT then I turned 70. I don’t love my actual wrinkles. Where did they come from? Anther sign of aging I am struggling with-aches and pains. 

5. I am in a long term relationship. 54 years married to a man who has loved me and told me I am beautiful every day. So I have not had to deal with men my age not being attracted to women my age. 

6. Women feel sexier in their 60’s? I loved those years from 50-69. I felt confident in myself. Good health. Travel. My children were doing well.  BUT then 70 hit. My husband is very ill. I have lost so many friends to age related illnesses. I’m getting anxious about aging.

7. Would you consider anti-aging procedures? Big no. I think aging naturally is more attractive. No knife for me. I like a massage or a facial but nothing drastic. 

8. Do you judge others, celebs pols, who have gone under the knife? I think it is a bad idea. I don’t think it looks good at all. So I gues I do judge. But I just want to say stop…

9. What do you fear most about aging? Dying or looking old? I don’t mind the looking old. I like my self the way I am. So I pick dying. I am not ready. I love watching my grandkids grow. My relationship with my daughters. I love being in this life.

10. What keeps you feeling young? I have so many things I want to do. Books to read. Travel. Sit on my front porch. Children to watch grow…







 

No comments:

Post a Comment