Thursday, September 22, 2022

Lucy by the Sea…

 I just finished Lucy by the Sea by Elizabeth Strout. I could not put this book down. I had to stop reading to sleep late one night. That has not happened to me in ages. I needed a book like this one. I am behind on my book challenges for 2022. No books have excited me as in other years. A slump or the circumstances of my life. Pop Sugar Challenge #32




My review: 

I loved this book. Every word of it. It was the first book in a long time that I could not put down. Lucy is a woman of practicality and honesty. She sees herself as she is. Also I feel like I have gone through this time in her life with her. The pandemic. Aging. Her daughter’s trials. Losing friends and lovers. I am nearly her age. “It is a gift in this life that we do not know what awaits us.”-Lucy Barton
#NetGalley #ElizabethStrout #LucybytheSea
Thank you to #NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this amazing ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment