1. The Round House by Louise Erdrich-I was so touched by the love between Geraldine and Bazil Coutts. It was enduring.
2. The Shipping News by Annie Proulx-I carry Proulx's ordinary people with me still.
3. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz-I felt like I walked in the shoes of Diaz characters.
4. Lila by Marilynne Robinson-Maybe there is a God. Reverend Ames was an inspiration.
5. Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson-I miss Frank...
6. Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J Ryan Stradal-I emailed the author and he emailed me right back.
7. Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan-I still smell the ocean.
8. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury-I read this with my 15 year old grandson.
9. Moby Dick by Hermann Melville-I feel accomplished.
10. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates-Hurt my heart.
I read 59 books in 2016. I choose my reading material very carefully and somehow I found wonderful books.
I rarely see a movie but in 2016 I discovered Netflix so I do have a movie list
1. A Single Man with Colin Firth and Julianne Moore
2. Beginners with Ewan McGregor, Melanie Laurent and Christopher Plummer
3. This is Where I Leave You
4. Sing Street an Irish film with Ferdia Walsh-Peelo
5. Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard
6. Fences with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis
7. The Way He Looks Brazilian with subtitles Blind teen coming of age
8. Fundamentals of Caring with Selina Gomez, Paul Rudd and Craig Roberts (favorite)
9. Foreign Student 1994 with Robin Givens
10. Bad Moms with my daughters
This is every movie I saw this year
I watched the first three seasons of Sherlock on Netflix. I am hooked!
I-Tunes first season of Poldark !!!!!!!
Music in 2016
Disturbed's version of The Sounds of Silence
Violin covers of old songs
Amici's Italian Senza Cantene aka Unchained Melody
Pentatonix any song by them