Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy New Year from my porch...

I spent New Year's Eve with my brothers and sisters, brother-in-laws and sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews at Marci's home in Midland. We played phase 10, full contact, and Golf. I wish we lived close enough so that we could play crazy games together every week. So much fun. We toasted 2017 with a lovely pink sparkling wine. Poor hubby went to bed early with a bad cold that he still has not shaken weeks later. I have a slight germophobe problem so I really don't like breathing the same air as a sick person. Like I said, poor him.

I am watching Sherlock on BBC Masterpiece. I like it though the previous three seasons were more to my taste. The first two mysteries have been dark. Trying to watch Being Human on Netflix. A vampire, a ghost and a werewolf try to pass as human. Not going that well for them. Getting gory.
I have watched a few carefully chosen movies. The Way He Looks, a sensitive  Brazilian coming of age movie with subtitles. Foreign Student, 1994 movie set in a late 40's Virginia college starring Robin Givens. I went to the show Fences starring Denzel Washington with Dani, Sandy and Sharon.
Gut wrenching.

I am reading Love May Fail by Matthew Quick and at the  half way point in the book it looks like love  just might fail.
My upstairs hard copy is Lessons Before Dying.
                                                      THE THREE AMIGOES

No comments:

Post a Comment