Monday, July 11, 2016

Up the Fourth of July creek without a paddle...

Half of the grands made it up from Florida and Texas this summer. One family is moving to a new home so could not make the trip.  I had to say good bye again today.
We spent a few hours every day at the beach. There were parades and backyard barbecues. Paddle boarding and the card game of Golf! Fireworks and friends. The grands are growing up so quickly. The 12 going on 13 year olds have changed so much. They are tall and tan and losing the baby look. One of them is in Nepal for the month. 

I started listening to Moby-Dick. It is part of The Big Read grant program. Tilda Swinton read the first chapter. Each of the following chapters are read by different people. I am finding it to be an amazing book. I recommend it highly!
Still working on Mosquitoland. Very good. Watched the last Outlander of the season. Roger and Brianna were introduced. Roger is exactly as I pictured him. Brianna is difficult. I would have thought Claire would do better raising her girl...they could not be close. She, of all people, should know you cannot get back the time you don't cherish with your child. That said, I liked this episode the best of the entire season. Make love, not war...






1 comment:

  1. So happy you had time to spend with your Grands. See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete