Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Alone again, naturally, on the porch...

Today was my husband's sixty-eighth birthday. I gave him a wooden painted sign that said You are my Bucket List. I saw it in a store and remember thinking, I wish someone would want to buy it for me. Then a light bulb went on above my head! He is my bucket list. Really. We are such a good pair. We traveled for years in a hurry because of the restrictions of our jobs. I would say I want to go there someday when we have time as we sped by, for example, The Fish House, a floating restaurant on the White River. Last trip he remembered every place I had mentioned and we stopped at each place.

My niece in Grand Ledge hosted the Aman family camp out this year at her beautiful home. Water balloon fights, campfires, good food, golf cart rides, Scottish cows and family. We also camped at Wabasis Lake in Greenville in our campers. It was so much fun to spend time with my siblings and their kids and grandkids! I so enjoyed the twenty somethings who kept us all up around the campfire til two a.m. My hubby's Kalamazoo family arrived at our camp in Isabella just hours after we got back to da U.P. More fun and we met the new baby, Lucia. ZZZZZZ

I am listening to Billy Lynn's Long Half Time Walk by Ben Fountain. Very well written but it is a difficult read. The war in Iraq from the point of view of the soldier on the ground home on PR mission.
Reading Barbarian Days A Surfing Life by William Finnegan. The author's Dad grew up on my street in my small town! Fascinating life this man is living.
 I read Little Moon Dog to my great niece Emma. It is a  book I read to any child who  stays in the camper.







No comments:

Post a Comment