Monday, September 28, 2015

Moon over my porch...



                  Last night I watched the entire lunar eclipse from my porch. I found it fascinating. The earth so slowly came between the moon and the sun then just as slowly  moved away. This will not happen again until 2033. I could not stop observing. I stayed out on the porch til near midnight. I took a lot of pictures. Some turned out many did not. I realize I need to learn more about the the settings on my camera. It was a lovely night in da U.P. Mild weather for late September.

I finished Stephan King's 11/22/63. I held my breath, felt sympathy for the characters and was horrified by the turn of events. Mr. King at his storytelling  best.

The next ten books on the POPSUGAR 2015 book challenge:

A book that scares you~gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
A book more than 100 years old~Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (currently reading)
A book you chose based entirely on it's cover~Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstien (read with, Haven-8 year old grand, we solved the puzzle and recieved a note from the author!)
A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't~
A memoir~Just Kids by Patti Smith
A book you can finish in a day~Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
A book with antonyms in the title~{Beautful Chaos by Kami Garcia}TBR
A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit~Lovers at the Chameleon Club,Paris 1932 by Francine Prose
A book that came out the year you were born~{The End of the Affair by Graham Greene or The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger}TBR
A book with bad reviews~The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I have added two more books to my must be read by the end of 2015 list bringing the total to five MBRs.





2 comments:

  1. OH WOW Lil, this is amazing! I am going to share this on my Flickr if you don't mind. So many people are asking if anyone got any good pictures of it. We saw it and tried to take a picture, but I don't have a powerful enough zoom on my camera. I told Hannah that if you saw it, you would take great pictures of it and I was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I stayed outside the whole time!

    ReplyDelete