Sunday, August 25, 2013

Behind the Beautiful Forevers...

I read Behind the Beautiful Forever in one day. I could not put it down. I really could have used a good nights sleep but no... I read way too late. It is rare that a book takes ahold of me like this one did. It was mesmerizing. I only wish it had been fiction. The lives of the people in this true account of life in the slums of Mumbai hurt my heart. Boo's writing was beautiful.

It has been an awful week here on my porch. A good friend of the family, my husband's childhood friend, died of heart failure at only 62. He was the music man at all our family gatherings. Guitar, keyboard and the voice of the sixties. Silenced by death...
He did not say goodbye. Made no preparation for his leaving. I am determined to be prepared for a funeral and to somehow make it easy for my girls if by chance I someday die. Even though I would really like to live forever.
RIP old friend...

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear about your good friend. death seems to be happening a lot lately. in my case, i think it's just a natural part of getting older - and my peers leaving before i do.

    ReplyDelete