Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Reading in Hiawatha National Forest...

The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Shwalbe.  My impressions are of a woman who lived her life to the fullest. A son who cared so much for her that he shared her end with her and with us...She had something to teach us all. Listen carefully. It changes everything. Do anything you can to make a difference in the lives of less fortunate. Refugees and women, especially. Books. Read them. Share them. Talk to each other. I was so moved by her love for her grandchildren. Spending time with loved ones. Shwalbe's story hurt my heart but in a good way.

Two days of camping with MQT bunch. Iris (10) made gumbo to rival any I have eaten down south. Az loved us to pieces. Ivy made us laugh. Lila jumped in  cold Superior with gusto. Deve watched 42 with me. That was not easy...l hope he never feels the sting of any racism.
M bought me Liz Lemon Greek Yogurt with lavender. You know, of my favorite line, "l want to go to there." fame.
One day it was 90 went to bed this a.m. it is now 40 in da U.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment