Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Geometry of Sisters...

I wish I belonged to a book club. I enjoy reading. Sometimes I need to talk about what I read. This book by LuAnn Rice is about estranged sisters and a daughter who when she is in trouble patterns her behavior after her mom & her sister. The pain caused by these two separate but equally damaging behaviors is dreadful for the sisters. It makes me miss my sisters. We all moved so far from each other. We just barely keep in touch. See each other only a couple times a year. Not at all part of each other's daily lives. How, I wonder, did this happen? I love these people but I don't feel like I know them very well anymore. Now my own daughters live all over the country and have to work hard to keep in touch with their sisters. I hoped we would all be neighbors maybe live in the same town...instead we travel for holidays and vacations. They do a better job than I did with my sisters and they have a Mom to help. once in a while a book starts me thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment