Friday, May 25, 2018

Reading on the porch...

                                          Barn and Silo near Texarkana,TX

I am reading to fulfill my book challenges for Pop Sugar and Read Harder. These book lists diversify
my reading. This month I have listened to Artemis by Andy Weir. An amazing future fic on the moon. Crime, an anti-hero with good friends and tension. Not quite The Martian but so very good.
The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson satisfied the challenge, a book listed by a celebrity book club (Emma Watson). I loved how much she cared for her children and her partner. Extraordinary.
So #netgally in May.  Five Stars to Fredrik Backman’s sequel to Beartown. Us Against Them. The tender moments of love in ordinary lives. The kids suffer devastating violence and heartbreak. Kira and Peter grow apart in their grief. Hockey is central to this story but it is the people I will not forget. Bang. Bang. Bang. #fredrikbackman #usagainstthem

Saw Book Club with Dani and Joanie. We screamed and laughed out loud. 5 stars for fun!

So I am a little worried I am a book snob. I can’t read some authors. Just not enough content after reading Chris Cleave, Jesmyn Ward, Louise Erdrich, Annie Proulx, Anthony Doerr. You get my drift.
Then as I smugly scroll through Goodreads I get my comeuppance. I have read fifteen of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. The Raven Cycle Trilogy. Yeah. No snobbery here. I am actually blushing. My guiltiest pleasure. So. No.

No comments:

Post a Comment