Back in the Upper Peninsula. Brought a huge geranium back from Texas. Ivan cared for it in the back of the truck for 1500 miles. Left it on the porch last night...29 degrees. It is a little chilly here. Weather in Florida and Texas was 75-90 degrees the whole trip. Sunny, too. That is all I have to say about that.
Phyllis and Hannah, did you watch Clarkston H.S play in the state finals? Did you know they were playing? A U.P. team won state class D. We live streamed it all and used up most of our data for the next month.
I learned a lot over the last two months. I need to make a list:
1. I am a pacifist. I read a genre I had never heard of for my book challenge, space opera/fantasy. Yes, this is a genre. Violence, accompanied by an inter-species love story. Horns vs. wings. Lots of limb loss. Blood. Saga by Brian K. Vaughn illustrated by Fiona Staples. 1-42. I watched one episode of GOT and read the first George R.R. Martin book. I am still having nightmares.
2. Phyllis, this is for you. A personal journal. You are the only person who actually comments. Thank you!
3. Hard to believe but I loved living in my 21 foot camper for two months. I know, right? The upkeep is so minimal. I can clean the whole space in about an hour. More time to read. My own kitchen for travel. My dog terrorizes no one. My beautiful geranium, well, it WAS beautiful. All the hot water, good closet space, lots of books.
4. I just called my accountant. Apparently I still have to do 2016 taxes even though I have been camping. Hum?
5. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Life and Other Near Death Experiences by Camille Pagan, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, All I Love and Know by Judith Frank *, Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce*, Simon vs. the Homo-Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler, State of Wonder by Ann Patchett, Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard, My Sunshine Away bu M.O. Walsh, Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan*, Brooklyn by Colm Toibin (I want to see the movie), Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, Saga by Brian K. Vaughn Illustrated by Fiona Staples (comic), All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
6. There is more to write but the tax man awaits...