Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Old Barns...





I not only love old front porches, I love old barns. I spent a day with cousin Jeanne photographing in Cooks, MI. I am sad to see them crumble. New barns are not being raised these days. Reused and recycled, floors and furniture, but not rebuilt.  What will our landscape be without the barns of our fathers and grandfathers?

I am scrambling to finish two book challenges by the end of 2015. I need to read at least four more books. A micro-history and a self help...I am dragging my literary feet. I am reading Karen Russell's St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves (author under 25). Listening to The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennesey by Rachel Joyce. I wish a counseling unit was included with this book. It is making me cry. Christmas prep is a little overwhelming. I really was going to do a Tuesday Intro First paragraph but it is no longer Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the saddest things I saw when we visited our old farm. The fact that they took that barn down! I loved our old barn!

    ReplyDelete