Tuesday, April 22, 2014

World Book Night...

Spreading the love of reading from person to person. And celebrate Wm Shakespeare's 450th birthday!

 I was accepted as a "giver" for April 23, 2014. I chose The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. I read it and loved it. West Highland Apartments, a senior housing facility in Escanaba, MI, is my choice of venue. I baked muffins with home made apple sauce and cream cheese glaze to bring with the free books. (If you bake they will come). I am also returning in one month to host a book discussion then they will pass the book on to another resident. I am having fun with this campaign to promote the love of reading. 25,000 volunteers in 6000 communities across the U.S. are participating. Tomorrow I will post pictures. www.WorldBookNight.org

No comments:

Post a Comment