Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rain, rain go away...

It has been raining for days. I have to admit I don't mind  too much. I don't have to make excuses for sitting in a comfy chair reading all afternoon. There is a fairy ring in my front yard. It is so damp.
The Gabaldon Outlander books are really good reads but it is actually hard work to get through these large tomes! I have read two of the series but I need a break. I do want to keep calm and carry on, though.
The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is my current book. It is so good but so heart hurting. I cannot believe how awful people can be to other people. The story of a Chinese boy in Seattle trying to make sense of the Japanese internment camps and the racism he is subject to for being Asian is difficult to read. History books did not cover the horror of how the American Japanese were driven from their homes and businesses. Families separated and imprisoned. I need a comedy...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this picture is from the Aman family camp out in Isabella. A wagon ride complete with a couch!

    ReplyDelete