Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First chapter, first paragraph...

I am participating in Bibliophile by the Sea's First chapter first paragraph today. I have only 10 minutes left of Tuesday. I have no idea where the rest of the day went. So here goes.

The book is Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kinsolver. Chapter 1 Paragraph 1

Predators

Her body moved with the frankness that comes from solitary habits. But solitude is only a human presumption. Every quiet step is thunder to beetle life underfoot; every choice is a world made new for the chosen. All secrets are witnessed.

Would you read this book? I just finished it and found Kinsolver's  writing to be amazing. Her attention to detail fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. This is one that I want to read this year. So with that intro, I would definitely keep reading. Thanks for joining in and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete