Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last days of summer at camp...

 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaA chill in the air, blankets on every chair, apple pie and eye contact with a young spotted deer through
the window...fall is in the air.
Our old dog (15yrs) is hanging on. Izzy at a year old weighed in today at 85 lbs.
Because of you 'serendipitous' I got out my macro lens and hunted for a bit of color in our drought ridden landscape and look what I found. A tiny red maple leaf in a pine bough, an even tinier white flower in the field and a couple of apples the aforementioned deer could not reach.
Camp for three weeks. A long time away from stores and traffic and sidewalks. I read The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. So moving. He was a man of joy and passion. He knew how to wring every minute out of a day. A must read for any mortal. Also My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Good book but the ending was just wrong. I need a new book...now! Library, pick up dry cleaning and make "brownie points" for the kids tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. i love your leaf, the way it's caught there. great color. i too loved the last lecture. great message and it amazes me that, even after he's gone, the man can be such an inspiration to others. thanks for the nod to serendipitous. happy fall!

    ReplyDelete