Sunday, February 26, 2012

The way we were...

Some times I think about us when we were kids. Those were the childhood days of magic. I believed in...
imagination, play, joy, love, possibility. My beloved siblings still inspire those feelings in my heart. I know now, of course, that there are lows to go with the joys of life. But life is sweet. Remember the birthday cakes (so sweet) Mom made for us? I still taste them whenever I cut-up a cake for one of my grands. Azalea is getting an Elmo cake next week. I tasted the sweet when Phyllis made me the Barbie cake for my 60th birthday. We are people of character (or just characters) with connections...children, in-laws, (out-laws-Ivan) grandchildren, relatives, friends.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. i love old photos like this one...even when i don't know the people in it, even when it's someone else's kitchen, it still evokes memories of families - and birthdays - past! this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete