Saturday, August 14, 2021

Reading on the porch…

 

I read Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See and appreciated how well written it was. A much better read than most other WWII books out there. I am done with WWII novels by the way. No one ever wins. So many young people die. No one learns anything. 

So when I was given the opportunity to read the ARC #CloudCuckooLand by Scribner and Net Galley I was excited to read another book by Doerr. I have not been disappointed. It took me a few pages to sort out the stories and the connections but when I got it I could not stop reading. Special characters. Konstance, Zeno, Omeir, Anna and even Seymour. Their stories are intertwined by an ancient script written by Diogenes. Cloud Cuckoo Land. The stories are set in Constantinople, Idaho and Outer Space. Their lives are lived through time. #AnthonyDoerr #CloudCuckooLand #netgalley #Scribner


No comments:

Post a Comment