Saturday, January 5, 2019

Reflections from the porch...

Christmas, like 2018, has come and gone. Only half of our kids made it this year. Our Floridians stayed home so Dad could work. Missed them. There was snow, snowmen, iceballs and skating. Cookies and so much food including chicken fried steak at camp. Movies. Mary Poppins and Holiday. Spider-Man and The Mule. Happy New Year. Welcome 2019. 

I read extraordinary books for my book challenges this past year. I enjoyed a reread of  Alas, Babylon
for The Nahma Bookclub. The Grapes Of Wrath hit me right in the heart. Of Mice and Men,too. Steinbeck’s writing is genius. I am filling out my book lists for The Read Harder Challenge and Pop Sugar. These lists really widen my horizons. I look forward to finding books as good as last years books. I am so disappointed by less than stellar writing. My current reads are George by Alex Gino, a middle grade book that has won a diversity award since 2009. The Best Bad Things by Katerina Carusco about an old west female detective. I am listening to To Shake the Sleeping Self by Jedediah Jenkins a nonfiction account of a man’s bicycle ride from Oregon to Patagonia. So far so good for 2019. I get anxious knowing that there are so many good books out there I might miss. 



No comments:

Post a Comment