Saturday, November 25, 2017

Reading on the porch...


I am making myself crazy or maybe I don’t have to work at this crazy business at all. I just am. I have waited til the last month to finish up my book challenges for 2017. Who knew Underground Railroad wasn’t a classic because it was just published. So I am now reading 12 Years a Slave to satisfy my “Classic by an author of color.” I have at least 6 books to finish up by December 31st.

Then of course my Christmas craziness. Cards, calendars, gifts for 10 grands, candy cane cookies, clique party, downstate family party, Nedeau dinner... I can only get anything done under great pressure. It is how I roll. Eighteen, 18, XVIII, people will be eating, sleeping and be entertained in my house for a week. I love the people so much and I don’t get to see them enough during the year. So I am going to enjoy. I just hope I get the cookies baked and the house cleaned before Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment