Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday memories on the porch...



A rare day with out a set agenda. These pics are from Ivan's birthday 2012. He had just turned 64. These children have moved to Florida. Deve will be 14 in a few days. Papa was 69 on the 26th of July. By November four of our grands will be 14. Our oldest grand will be 16 and driving.

Just returned from a 10 day camping trip with my brothers and sisters and the Aman family summer get together. Marci and Al hoste us in their beautiful yard. More about this when I can figure out how to download recent pics...

I started Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Audible. The reader has a Scottish accent. I have to listen carefully but I am enjoying this book.
I finished The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I had to take breaks while reading. So emotional. So current. It is classified as YA but it is so raw, so difficult I cannot imagine my kids reading this without adult input. Is this the fear our kids deal with everyday?
In July I also read The Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler. Rock on Wisconsin. What else can I say?
The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz "Dejate Querer." Let yourself be loved."
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Ok, now I really never want to go on a cruise!
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Once again Ms.Robinson makes me think there must be a God. Reverend Ames loves his wife and son so ardently. This reads like the best sermon you could ever hear. Aaand I read some fluff. Big fluff. Crazy Rich Asians #1, China Rich Girlfriend #2, Rich People problems #3. Roughly 1200 pages of camp. So much fun.Bonus I learned some interesting facts about Singapore.

Watched Varsity Blues and American Pie with my Hubby. He chose. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment