Thursday, March 17, 2016

New and Improved on a porch in Texas...

 Bowling with the Texas Grands at the Holiday Bowl...
Wine tasting in Cass County at the O'Farrell Winery...

New and Improved-my answers to April 2016 questions from O magazine
One small adjustment that had a big impact on my life was...installing the Overdrive App. I am retired so I needed to cut back on my spending. Not groceries or clothing but my book purchases. This app gives me access to my public library on my phone or I-pad. Audio books and e-books. No cost.

My friends say I need to update...my social life. I love reading, book clubbing, journaling and tea on my porch. I am being encouraged to get out and go to movies, wine tasting, girl's nights and shopping. They will have to drag me kicking...

The hardest habit I ever broke was...my messiness or as my hubby calls it "the pig pen syndrome."
My piles of books, papers and yarn follow me everywhere. I'm not quite there yet but I am working on pushing my stuff further under the couch or bed so it is not so noticeable...

One thing I will never change is...my love of reading. It started when I was a little girl with a flashlight under a blanket and is still my favorite thing to do.

I finished A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihira. This book was so emotionally affecting. It hurt my heart. Willem,  Jude, JB and Malcolm. Harold, Julia, Richard and Andy. I hated to let go of these people even though there was such pain in their lives. The story was told so graciously. I will read it again.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time will all the grands! How long will you be in Texas? Liked your answers to O Magazine questions. I guess we both have that "Pig Pen Syndrome". After all, we are sisters -- cut from the same cloth!

    ReplyDelete