Friday, May 10, 2013

Reading and listening on the porch...

Two books just blew me away this week on my porch. My book club book, Me Before You, from the library. Large print edition. Started out slowly. Louisa's ordinary life. She loses the job that is supporting her struggling extended family. She accepts a new job as a companion for a quad, Will. He turns her expectations of what her life can be upside down. He sees so much more for her than she saw for herself. He is in a mortal struggle to find a way to get out of a life he cannot bear to live. I finished it in a day...
The second book this week, The Fault in Our Stars. I listened while I laughed, marveled and cried. Oh this story broke my heart but was so sassy, alive and smart that I loved experiencing it. The story of two teens with cancer and the adults in their lives. Coping with treatments and pain and living your best life anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment